All schools in England have a Governing Body which is responsible for overseeing many of the strategic decisions of the school.
As defined by the Department for Education (DfE) in The School Governance (Roles, Procedures and Allowances) (England) Regulations 2013, the core functions of the governing body include:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and performance management of staff
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and ensure money is well spent.
In exercising their functions the governing body shall
- Act with integrity, objectivity and honesty and in the best interests of the school; and
- Be open about the decisions they make and the actions they take and in particular shall be prepared to explain their decisions and actions to interested parties.
Our governing body has a code of conduct which is reviewed and agreed annually. All governors and associate members are obliged to abide by this code.
A key role is to act as a ‘critical friend’: to support, to challenge, to ask questions, ultimately to represent the school community. Our Governing Body is comprised of volunteers who are interested in the continued progress of Brooklands Farm Primary School and in ensuring the best possible education for the children in our school.
The Governing Body at Brooklands Farm works in close partnership with the head teacher, staff and the local authority. Whilst the head teacher is, of course, responsible for the day to day running of the school, the governors are involved with such things as staffing, curriculum, school buildings and finance. It ensures the school functions well and maintains the proper range of academic and social objectives.
- Strategic Planner Governors 2023/24 document116.8 KbNov 29th, 2023
- Strategic Planner Governors 2022/23 document110.7 KbSep 14th, 2023
- Brooklands Farm Governor information 2022/23.xlsx spreadsheet1.8 KbSep 12th, 2023
- Governing Board Attendance 2022 - 2023 document1.8 KbSep 12th, 2023
- GOVERNOR PECUNIARY INTEREST REGISTER 2022/23 document35.7 KbSep 11th, 2023
- Annual Governance Statement Sept 2022/23.docx document42.9 KbSep 11th, 2023